Last month, Tonwa Anthony a.k.a The Crazy Nigerian nominated me for the Liebster Award. My ears are still tingling from the good news! This is my very first award on this blog and you can imagine my excitement.
Thank you so so much, Tonwa. I don’t know when I will get used to calling him, Tonwa because most of us only knew him as the Crazy Nigerian for the longest time. But that has since changed.
Now, there is the business of this award.
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. To accept the award, you have to follow the rules, which are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions they have asked you
- Nominate 11 other people
- Ask the nominees 11 questions
- And let the nominees know you have nominated them
I have taken care of # 1. Now for the rest.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I am not short. I had to say that because you can’t tell from my headshot. You just have to take my word for it. No, you cannot follow me all over the place with a tape rule or ruler in your hand.
- I wear glasses. I used to pray for them in junior secondary school (Can you imagine?) God answered my prayers. Or maybe those nights of reading with candle light finally did their work. Now, I am re-considering my request.
- I predict that the next dance style that will erupt in Nigeria will start with an A. First it was Alanta, then Azonto, then Alingo. I didn’t need to think too hard to figure this one out.
- I love to cook.
- I love spicy foods. I even mentioned it in my “bio.”
- I used to hate Nollywood movies. Now, I love them passionately. I’m even writing a series titled “Why We Love Nollywood.” Not bad for an ex-hater of the same movies.
- Mystery will always be my first love, in terms of the type of stories I like to read (and write). But romance is coming in as a close second. I still refuse to read those Mills & Boons books though, and certain typical romance books too. Have you seen the covers? If a man held a woman that close, how could she possibly breathe? I doubt that the characters are too concerned. I won’t be either.
- I have a twin sister.
- Nigeria is constantly in my thoughts. This will never change.
- Photography is my other hobby. That’s why I have a separate photography blog called Bakwai Photo Journal.
- I am still annoyed with the outcome of Naija’s Got Talent (Season 1). Children should not be allowed in these types of competitions, unless they’re super-talented. I would have picked the guy who played Davido’s Dami Duro on the violin instead.
Questions from The Crazy Nigerian:
If you could rescue only one personal item from a burning house what would it be, and why?
My phone so I can call the fire fighters, just in case the neighbors are just gazing in wonder.
Which would you prefer to have this year – 10,000 more page views or 100 more followers?
I want both! There, I said it.
Of all the blog themes why did you choose your current blog theme?
It seemed to be simple enough to accommodate the content, i.e. my writing. But, it will change. The theme, I mean. Oh, and my writing too.
What is the one thing (animate or inanimate) that you are terrified of?
Oh, so you can go and report to my enemies, abi? Tell them you didn’t find me at home o.
If you could teleport yourself to any part of the world right now, where would it be?
Teleport is a strange word. It sounds like astral projection. I cannot answer this question.
Which F.R.I.E.N.D.S character do you think you share a similar personality with?
I never really followed them, but I remember Chandler, Phoebe and Jennifer Anniston’s character. I remember Phoebe as the weird, silly one. I am not like her, if that’s what you want to know.
If you could only eat one type of dish for a whole month, what would it be?
Pounded yam and egusi soup. If you added a bottle of malt, I wouldn’t get any work done. That would be one month of sleep. God forbid bad thing!
What is the title of your last blog post (you can insert link here)?
Flash Fiction Fridays: Elevator Ride – https://sharonsalu.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/flash-fiction-fridays-elevator-ride
If you won $1,000,000 what is the first thing you would spend on or invest in?
I am beginning to suspect you o! Do you have the money in your pocket? If your answer is yes, then let’s talk ehn 😀
When you get angry what do you do to calm yourself down?
Do you believe in life after death (explain your reason)?
Absolutely. There is life after death because Jesus said “My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?” (John 14:2 – NIV). Need I say more?
Finally, the nominees. I nominate the following bloggers:
My questions for the nominees are the same as Tonwa’s questions (minus the FRIENDS question):
- If you could rescue only one personal item from a burning house what would it be, and why?
- Which would you prefer to have this year – 10,000 more page views or 100 more followers?
- Of all the blog themes why did you choose your current blog theme?
- What is the one thing (animate or inanimate) that you are terrified of?
- If you could teleport yourself to any part of the world right now, where would it be?
- Who is your favorite Nigerian comedian and why?
- If you could only eat one type of dish for a whole month, what would it be?
- What is the title of your last blog post (you can insert link here)?
- If you won $1,000,000 what is the first thing you would spend on or invest in?
- When you get angry what do you do to calm yourself down?
- Do you believe in life after death (explain your reason)?
That is it. I hope you guys have fun with this!